Posted On Monday, December 31, 2018
I was getting tired of eating things like donuts, krapfens and other sweet things in Europe regularly, and I was looking for breakfast dishes that could be made quickly yet remain at least a bit spicy enough. I stumbled upon a dish called Shakshouka from Tunisia. The variants of Shakshouka are also found in other regions of North Africa and the Middle East. In this blog, I will share this super easy recipe of Shakshouka.
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 1 medium sized onions
- 1 large sized tomato / puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of curmeric powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- A pinch of pepper powder
- 2 green chillies finely chopped or slit
- Coriander for garnishing
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and fry them for 3-5 minutes on medium - high flame.
- Add the finely chopped onions to this mix along with some salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Add all the other spices and fry them well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato to this, closed the lid of the pan and cook the contents in the pan for a while; perhaps 3-5 minutes.
- Break and add the eggs directly on top of this mixture and cook until the eggs get cooked according to your liking.
- Add coriader and the fresh green chillies for garnishing.
- Enjoy them with bread or just the dish as such.